Wednesday 3 February 2016

Beading Blocks {What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #348}

This week I've been working on the development of some new beading tutorials and beadwork kits - creating some new designs; working on colour combinations for the kits and, trying, with some mixed success to write the etsy listings. Listing is my least favourite part of the tutorial writing process!

Once I'm busy with the beads, time and the possibilities seem almost endless. The architectural nature of dimensional beadwork is what appeals to me most. I love watching structures and shapes develop with the addition of each new bead.


It reminds me a little of my childhood favourite, Lego, when I would sit for hours working out how to create new shapes and structures with the same basic building blocks. Some things never change, eh?

Does anyone else have a childhood favourite that has morphed into something else? Or even something that has become a lifelong obsession? I would love to know about it!

Visit Stamping Ground for more information on What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Reading in bed is my lifelong passion, something I've done since childhood and not a night goes by that the book doesn't crash to the floor when I fall asleep. Hence I don't use a kindle haha
    Have a good week
    Lynn 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafting and reading have been my lifelong passions. Mum said from very little I loved books - my grandson is the same. From very little was always making things - paper crafts and my grandma taught me to knit, sew and crochet when I was very little - never looked back :-) Anne x #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a close up of what you're working on as I do some beading too :-). My lifelong obsession has been music, I've played piano and cello, played in orchestras and sung in choirs, then ten years ago, learned to play a brass instrument and enjoy playing in a brass band. I don't know what I would have done without music in my life!!
    Hugs, LLJ 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stationery. Can't remember ever having not wanted to own shop fulls of the stuff. Which is why my crafting is paper based, am quite sure! Writing instructions is the hardest part isn't it...I've been know to doze off in front of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading, and maps, my Dad always let me hold the map going on our holidays to Cornwall, I love going on journeys, planning the route is as exciting as the trip to me, hate the sat nav taking over my job.
    Jan no 38

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading and writing. Loved doing both when I was a kid and still love doing them. I thank my Mum for a love of reading. Whenever she had a spare minute she'd be reading and it's still the same now lol.

    Sharon K #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my little loom falls into that category. It's a small handmade loom and I weave little squares on it and love it because it takes me back to childhood when I would weave those potholders! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. my daughter is a beading fanatic but I have never caught the bug. I love to do paper arts, sew, and crochet. I am a little late getting around but I made it! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week. Vickie #71

    ReplyDelete
  9. Playing with paper(Paper piecing,cardmaking, paper figures) is mine........soothing, creative and can eat up time like nothing else for me!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x